Friends of Spud Wood (FoSW) has grown out of the Low Carbon Lymm (LCL) tree group.
We work with the Woodland Trust site manager for Spud Wood and with his guidance and support undertake woodland management. This includes coppicing of hazel around the edges of the wood, thinning the trees within the wood (through the wood allotment group) to allow in more light and enable the trees to continue to grow and thrive. Without thinning the trees will compete and many will die off naturally – we are just speeding up this process. We are also tree planting, hedge laying and run a variety of activity days.
If you want to get involved email us – see the contact us page for more details.
photos courtesy of Hazel Hughes www.hazelhughesphoto.co.uk
Visit our other pages to find out what is going on….
New! Woodland Wednesdays
Friends of Spud Wood News
- Our First Woodland Wednesday!
- Woodland Wednesdays
- FoSW AGM Wed 25th Sept 2019
- Coppicing/hedge-laying task dates
- Help your little ones discover a wilder Cheshire at Nature Tots in Spud Wood
- Set your co-ordinates for 22nd June
- Bridgewater canal staff chip in to lend a helping hand at Spud Wood
- Tree-mendous – planting trees at Spud Wood
- Hurrah, the hedge is finished
- Hedge Laying Training